What You Will Learn:
- The Key Results of the "Governance in Nonprofit Community Health Systems" Study regarding Community Benefit Policies, Plans and Reports
- The Legal Context of Nonprofit Hospitals Community Benefit Obligation
- Strategies for Complying with the Requirements of Form 990 and the new Schedule H for hospitals, including the New Section on Quantifying Community Benefits
- The Role of Community Health System's Governing Boards in Assessing and Adopting Formal Policies and Implementing a Community Benefit Plan Relating to Community Needs, Including the Needs of local Un and Under Insured Populations
- Practical Case Studies of Community Health System Initiatives to Address the Needs of local Un and Under Insured Populations
- How to Use the New Uniform Community Benefit Standards to Comply with Your Legal Community Benefit Obligation and to Address the Needs of local Un and Under Insured Populations
What Is an Audioconference?
It is a live event that includes session handouts, an interactive question and answer period, and access for an unlimited number of participants at each call-in site. However, only one site can be offered per registration. It is impermissible for an organization to purchase one registration and to operate multiple sites through an internal telephone system. During the live Audioconference participants will be able to ask questions and make comments. The Audioconference faculty has agreed to take follow-up questions via email. Audioconferences are simple, accessible, cost effective and reach a broad audience locally.
Who Should Listen:
Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Information Officers and Chief Financial Officers, Privacy Officials, Security Officers, Compliance Officers, Legal Counsel, Patient Account Managers, Billing Staff and Information Services Staff.
All Faculty Materials will be Posted on the Uninsured Audioconference website: www.UninsuredAudioconferences.com/unaudio20080507 in downloadable PDF Formats.